The US Pain Foundation and the NY Pain SocietyÂ invite you to join them onÂ April 21 at a patient educational summit,Â “A Patient and Family Day to Learn about Managing Pain“.Â Â The goals are to help youÂ feel empowered, encouraged, educated and supported.Â It is held near White Plains, NY.
The day will include:
- the INvisible Project
- meeting other pain warriors
- connecting with organizations dedicated to helping the pain community
- caretakers meeting others who support those with pain
Some of the educational topics included in the day are:
- Holistic pain management
- What to expect when you visit a Pain Specialist (The New Patient Interview)
- Chronic pain in your body – where it hurts
- Migraines & headaches
- Injections for pain
- Safe use of opioids
- Advanced options to manage pain
It is $10.00 to register.Â Lunch is included as well as an afternoon snack and coffee in the morning.Â Space is limited, so they encourage to youÂ register ahead of time.
For more information, this is the website.